Although so-called alternative vaccine schedules have been pushed by 'vaccine friendly' or disease friendly pediatricians for years, including Bob Sears and Jay Gordon, it is important to keep in mind that they are completely untested.
Remember, there is no official alternative vaccine schedule that you can follow. At best, you can follow a non-standard, parent-selected, delayed protection vaccine schedules that leaves your child at risk for vaccine-preventable diseases.
For more information:
- The Problem with Dr. Bob's Alternative Vaccine Schedule
- Cashing In On Fear: The Danger of Dr. Sears
- Delayed Schedules
- Sears and Gordon: Should Misleading Vaccine Advice Have Professional Consequences?
- Altering the Schedule
- Talking about Vaccines : Countering Dr. Sears
- A comprehensive takedown of Dr. Sears' The Vaccine Book
- Moms Who Vax: What Middle Ground?
- Finding the Silver Lining in Delayed Vaccination
- Optional Vaccines and Alternative Immunization Schedules
- Delaying Vaccines Not A Good Idea
- Why Delay Vaccines For Your Child?
- An example of how alternate vaccine schedules endanger children
- Getting with the Schedule : Slow-Vax to Pro-Vax
- Inventing your own vaccine schedule? Not a wise idea.